I applied for state aid today as well. I'm hoping they can at least help me with daycare, it would be a huge relief, because at this point I am already 2 weeks behind schedule and it's making me breakdown. They already called me back today to make an appointment, so that's a little bit promising.
I think the worst part of today was the bank issue. I currently bank with US Bank and the closet branch is in Topeka, 60 miles from here. It would be like driving to Denver from the Springs. Well there are 3 banks here in Town, Central National, Kansas State and 1st Community. Apparently there is a system called Chex that banks use now to see what your banking history is. It's really more of a black list that tells banks to not do business with you. Well guess what!!! Due to my bankruptcy, ENT, my former bank closed my account and closed with a balance from the car loan I had that Thomas wasn't paying on. So I am on this list and I can't open an account for 5 years. Needless to say I had to drive to Topeka today to do my banking. I have to go there once a month now because I have things that come out of that account auto and things I have to pay on-line. Imagine having to drive to Denver every time you needed to make a deposit.
So ya that's Kansas for me right now. I am feeling like things are hopeless for me. I left a good job with benefits. I had daycare and I had a personal support system. I feel like I have nothing now. I'm as lost as a fry in an ocean during a hurricane. Go Figure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment