Saturday, June 18, 2011

Defining Gay Rights

Every time I see a story about "Gay Rights", I always have to stop and ask myself, "what are they?".  Google it and you get roughly 54 million search results.   Going through and clicking on a few it seems the biggest issues are that of marriage, insurance, children and benefits.  There are also things about hate crimes, violence and discrimination.  They want the same entitlement to jobs that the "straights" have.  They want to be able to go in public and not be stared at, be hassled or mocked.  The UN recently passed a "Gay Rights Resolution Bill" and to be honest the only thing I could see highlighted in that was the issue of discrimination and violence.  What exactly does it mean?

I know that the handicapped have rights, the minorities have rights, women have rights and there are sexual orientations rights as well. Just go look at an employment or lease application and you will see it.  All their rights fall into the "cannot discriminate against" category when it comes to housing, jobs, loans, and pretty much whatever thing you can think of.  I think  it is safe to say that everyone of us falls into one of those categories of people, do we not?  So essentially every labeled person in America has the right to fair treatment.  Oh,yes I just said LABELED.   That's what it all is, a label.  So really what this should be called is "Label Rights"

We have a new label it's called Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered, or LGBT for short.  It's simply people choosing to label themselves and are now asking for their own rights that are basically exactly the same as the rest of the labeled people, even though they each fall into one of the already predefined categories.

I don't know about you, but I don't shake someone's hand when I meet them and say, "I'm Christine, I am a straight, white, female."   And I sure as hell don't want them to say," Nice to meet you, I am Bob, a gay, black  male."  Because quite frankly your race, gender and who you sleep with don't matter to me. It's offensive to be labeled "straight".  What matters is the way you conduct business, your public behavior, your morals, and whether or not I can trust you.  I care about the way you treat other people.    A jerk is a jerk, gay, straight, black white or freaking purple for that matter.

We are not Christians, so I don't care to go into the bible says this or the bible says that.  We work VERY hard to live by Nature and her rules. No matter what mankind thinks, what stories they concoct, Nature cannot be changed.  If you don't see it in Nature, then why do it? That's really a large rule in our family.  When we feel conflicted about something and we can't figure out why, we look to outdoors and see the truth in things there.  Because of that, we may not believe in the choices of the Gays, but I am not going to ridicule or think they are any less human than myself.  Just because they choose to fly that label doesn't mean they cannot have good and loving relationships, it doesn't mean they can't have a job or career.  It doesn't mean they are not trustworthy or that they are freaks.  Only one's behavior can determine those things.

Quite honestly what this all comes down to is "what are HUMAN rights" ?  Humanity does not conduct itself in an honorable manner. We kill each other over oil, we think of only the individual instead of the village and we are corrupt beyond belief or even fixing anytime soon.    Until people can look at themselves and make a change, I guess we have to keep having labels.  So pick a label and have it printed on a T-shirt, it's only a matter of tie before we start having M, F, LGBT to check when we fill out an application.  After all, I already have to tell everyone what race I am, even though it's not supposed to matter.

3 comments:

Thinking Me... said...

Great post! I too do not understand why we have to have so many "labels" on people. Why can't people just be people, all with the same rights and all judged on how we treat each other? I guess people could call me naive, but that's how I live my life and that's how I am raising my kids.

Double Minded Man said...

We are not Christians, so I don't care to go into the bible says this or the bible says that. We work VERY hard to live by Nature and her rules. No matter what mankind thinks, what stories they concoct, Nature cannot be changed. If you don't see it in Nature, then why do it? That's really a large rule in our family. When we feel conflicted about something and we can't figure out why, we look to outdoors and see the truth in things there.

So, will Aiden be allowed to challenge Skip for supremacy for mating rights with his mother? Or how about eating your mate after sex? Or leaving your child to fend for itself from birth? Or even eating it in hard times?

These are, after all, some of the behaviors we see in nature. Do they provide guidance? And if not, why are these examples of nature less worthy than the examples you are looking at?

Christine said...

DMM, humans are mammals. I do not know of a mammal that eats it's mate(those are usually bugs) or leaves its young(typically reptiles are born without needs of parents) because mammals must nurse before being able to fend for themselves. I know that lion prides are prone to incest, running off other males and even killing the young that are not fathered by them. I do believe someone I know(wink wink) also wouldn't raise the child of another man for the same reasons as male lions. As for eating the young, what is point in an undomesticated, wild animal to continue caring for young that will die as well as itself when times are bad? That's just going to hinder the continuum of their species. We are the most domesticated species on the planet. We think against what is rational all while being herded like sheep by our government.

AS humans (especially Americans) we live in a world of over abundance and we are not prone to stop and listen to what nature is saying to us because we can just keep getting what we need or want. No famine, no droughts, etc. We don't have to put off ovulation, self abort a pregnancy that cannot be cared for or will hinder health(thats a choice for no reason now.) You do however see women all the time trading up for a stronger male to provide. This is a very evident thing in nature, but also only one of the things some choose to actually listen to.

Every species in nature has its own set of rules that still coincide with what nature has designed. Man has made so many rules for the sake of "G-d" that we no longer actually see what is natural and what is not.

Is it natural for an elderly person to die in a hospital while suffering horribly because they are not permitted to leave and die? And why are they not allowed? Because it would be a sin against "G-d" to not save them and keep them breathing. Same thing goes for victims of accidents that cannot survive without artificial machines or feeding for the rest of their lives. We force them to live even tho nature would have taken them and let their bodies be at peace.

I do not believe in artificial anything if it can be helped. I do not believe we should be breaking natures rules by CHOOSING a same sex partner and then adopting or if female, having babies by artificial means. The entire point of partners is to reproduce. You can't do that of you are messing with the same sex. That is not natural.

There are many biblical reasons that "G-d" condemns homosexuality and there are biological reason nature doesn't make it work either. But as humans we think we are above all that and can't walk around and bend the rules to our wants. That just upsets the balance of everything. Take a step back and look at our planet and everything that is going wrong, its because we didn't play by the rules.