Friday, January 20, 2012

The Ending Weeks of Pregnancy

It's been 37 weeks since the beginning of my last loss over Mother's Day.  But it's the beginning of the countdown to bring this new baby into the world.  It doesn't feel like it has been that long.  There has not been much stress with this one either.  No daily worrying over what to expect, if I have all I need.  I've not had to worry about family breathing down my throat and telling me what to do and not to do.  Over all it's been pretty relaxing.

It feels good that in these counted down days my future is not uncertain.  That's how I felt at the end with Aiden.  But not now.  I have a real family and a man that is over the moon about what's about to go down.  It just doesn't get better than that.  I feel really lucky.

The supplies are organized, the birth pool is inflated.  We have a start to the few baby items we need.  The midwife is on call.  Our family is ready to become four.  I am as prepared as I can be for the work it's going to be, my husband is prepared as he can be in how to help me manage it.  The midwife has total confidence that everything is going to be normal.  100% normal.

We did a couple of pregnancy shots last nite.  Something I missed out on the first time around.  I wanted to remember what I looked like this time.  The human body is amazing and pregnancy shows just how amazing it is.  Looking forward to baby photos.












0 comments: