Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Been a Rough Start

If I had to pick one word to describe our first month back in Colorado it would be frustrating.  It has been a pretty rough start and I am just hoping it starts getting better.  I am really missing Kansas, my house there, my neighborhood and my wonderful neighbors.  It was so peaceful and quiet and I never had anxiety about going home. about letting my dog out and my house gave me no grievance.

Colorado has been full of unwelcome surprises.  A house with urine soaked carpet, aggressive dogs on both sides that ultimately got my husband and dog attacked.  We were forced to give up Sanja because we could not have both large dogs.  It is not peaceful and quiet here.  No one really waves when you pull into your drive.  It's a hard adjustment.  

Skip's new unit likes to keep them late.  He will be gone for half of May.  Deployment is already scheduled for January/February.  He's probably going to miss Fiona's first birthday. That also leaves me teaching my first year of childbirth classes alone.  I just want to melt down over the whole thing.  

It's been a month and I do not feel settled in at all.  I am still not done unpacking.  We cannot put any furniture in our main living area because of the urine.  I cannot let my dog run free because of it. I cannot put my baby on the floor.  It's gross.  We are still dealing with the real estate company to get it fixed.  

I will say we have a couple good things at least.  A nice large area for a garden and we got a couple chickens.  

I guess it's just going to take more time than I anticipated to get settled down here.  Hopefully it starts working itself out quickly.  I am tired of feeling sick and tired of it. 

0 comments: