For as long as I can remember a battle has raged between my mom and my brother. From the day Chris learned how to use a pair of scissors, things have never been the same. He likes to cut up everything. He will sit there and cut a perfectly good piece of paper into a billion pieces. My mom always needs scissors for something and neither one of them can ever find them in the house. I can tell you we have probably been through at least 20 pairs in the past 12-13 years since we came to Colorado. There are times when Chris has been known to have 3-4 pairs in his possesion alone! You should see what happens in the house when this is discovered by Mom.
Well it has come to my attention that there is only ONE pair of scissors left in the house. That's right ONE. Every time I am there it's a battle over who currently has them. No one ever goes out and buys more. This year I have a plan.
I have been searching for the right Christmas gift for these two members of my family when it hit me!! They need some cutting power!! No more will I see my brother running to hide the only pair available. No longer will my point the tips at me and tell me it's not funny. I have solved it.
This Christmas I will go and purchase each their OWN pair! Not only will it help to end this civil war between them, but it will make them responsible. How you may ask? I am getting them engraved with their names! Oh yes. I can see it now. I will make them open the boxes at the same time. I intend to wrap these gifts like the ones you see on TV. Beautiful paper, ribbon and exquisite packing material. It will be fabulous!! I will also have the camera ready for this one. I promise to blog the outcome the nite of Christmas. I just can't wait!!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment