Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prudie

Yes, I am becoming a prude.  I had a friend tell me how conservative I have become and I would have to agree.  There are a ton of things that never made me flinch in the past, but now I get pretty disgusted and irritated with such things.  Everything from clothing and music to professionalism.  I suddenly feel like the world around me has absolutely no sense of morality.  No sense of self worth.  Everyone has to do something more extreme than the person in front of them.  No matter what that might be.  Asking anyone for some kind of modesty is like like asking them to gnaw their arms off.

I know this issue is not new by any means, but it's recently come to start really bothering me.  Once of the biggest reasons I don't have any cable or satellite TV here is because most TV is crap.  It's riddled with sex to the point that it is just mind boggling.  None of those shows relay any kind of family morals and people are letting their kids watch it.  People are watching it and being brain washed.

It's the same thing on the magazine stand at the grocery store. Every single cover has something about his/her sweet spots, how to make it hot in bed, etc.  The women are hardly waring enough clothing for guys to even have to worry about actually using their imagination.  I don't even want to know how soon I am going to have to start explaining what a whore is to Aiden. I know I read everything on covers when I was a child.  I was an avid reader.  I expect no less from Aiden.  Short of blind folding him at the store there isn't a whole lot I can do.  It's just shoved in our faces.  I hate that.

There are probably a hundred other subjects I could cover. Maybe I will do some mini blogs on some of them, but for now I will stop with that.  I am simply becoming a prude.  I'd like to see girls keep their legs shut, their tits covered up and have some panties on when you are wearing a skirt.  I don't want to see headlines about sex splattered all over covers of everything in sight.  Lets learn to start keeping the intimate details of our relationships to ourselves.  The world doesn't need to know what position you did it in while you were 8 months pregnant.  Give me a break.  Lets practice some modestly here people.


0 comments: