Monday, October 4, 2010

I don't want for much.

I don't have any real wants in my life.  I want the things I already have.  I don't have a long list of things I simply cannot live without or that I simply must have.  I don't get bent at the end of the month if I haven't gone vacationing or if I didn't make some big purchase.  I don't go shopping and long for everything on the shelf or make wishlists a mile long.  I really truly have everything I need.  Skip takes care of us and never leaves me needing more at the end of day.

The only wants I truly have are to be home more with Aiden and to have more time with Skip.  At the end of the day those 2 things weigh on me.  I feel like I am missing so much of Aiden. I am missing time to teach him.  I am missing time to love on and enjoy him.  I miss being with Skip everyday.  I miss his smile, his voice and just his closeness.  It's like it is all behind a door I have no key to.  And when I do have a key, I am given timed access to what is behind it.  Then I am dragged away kicking and screaming because there is no way my time is up, but it is.  I have to start a new day to earn what little time I have all over again.  All I want is more time.

I hate being robbed of time by people who don't value it.  I don't like that is it assumed I am like every other selfish woman on this planet.  I don't need hours a day to get away from my child.  I don't want a girl's nite out because I can't stand to be near my husband.  I do not appreciate my needs being thought of as pointless because someone else has it all wrong.  When my time is limited I want to use all if it.  Every last second.

But, my wants are my own and I shouldn't expect anyone to understand that.

0 comments: