I've been in Kansas for one year now. Away from home. Away from all I have known. I have to say it's the best thing that could have happened. It has removed me from all the drama that is my family. I am away from everything that drives me crazy. It's quiet here. It's safe here. It's small. As much as I kicked and whined and cried about coming to Kansas you would think I would be looking at one year as a horrible curse. The truth is I hope we get to stay here a good while after the deployment is over. I am not ready to leave. It has been refreshing. I have had to spend over half of it alone now, but that's really ok. It has let my anti-social wants be filled. I love all my friends back home and having contact with them, but I really love not having friends here. It's easy. Yes, maybe that is a bit selfish, but I enjoy not having any expectations set that I don't approve of. My schedule is my own. I have no obligations to anyone but myself and Aiden. Skip and I are very much alike in that aspect.
So one year later, I am happy and adjusted. I don't know that I can ever go home and feel as good as I do now.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment