Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Too bad our world has to be so paranoid

Aiden has been having some issues with underwear. He gets in a hurry and pulls up his undies and pants at the same time. The results: an almost 4 year old who has his boy parts in a twist with his underwear and usually complaining of discomfort by the time we make it home.  It's a painful sight to be honest.  I am afraid of damage.

Here at home I typically just let him go without.  It's not a big deal.  I know this is something he will outgrow.  I work with him all the time when it comes to pulling his pants up correctly.  The other issue with underwear is he is pretty much a bean pole. So they are either too small or too big.  Either way issues are happening

I brought it up at pre-school this morning.   I was told he absolutely HAD to wear underwear to school.  I was also told they are prohibited from touching a child's pants or underwear.  All they can do is give verbal instruction.  Uh really?  It's terrible how worried the world is.  I didn't ask for anyone to manhandle my son's genitals! I asked about either going commando or getting a little extra help in the underwear department so that his jewels were't getting circulation cut off.

So my only other idea is kid boxers.  I will be on the hunt for those this weekend.

0 comments: