I have decided that since I will have Oreo to train(and my extra cash was spent on getting stuff to get prepared) I won't be starting Yoshi's cart training until after Skip gets home. I am a little disappointed, but all is good. I really wanted him to start some kind of working and I have found a good alternative for the time being. I got Yoshi this pack from Ruff Wear. I was able to get it whole sale through work. It has a lot of space to really load it. We walked yesterday with it empty just to see if he would be bothered. He wore that thing like he was born with it on! He never once looked around at it or was bothered. SO we filled up the water bladders today to see how that was. Again, he went with it like he had been doing this his whole life. He is a pretty amazing dog with an amazing amount of drive to work. That makes me happy.
The pack is also a full harness. The actual bags clip on and off. So I intend to teach Oreo how to walk while tethered to the pack. This way Yoshi will still feel very much in the lead and will have another job. We will walk with just the water for a while so I can make sure he is safely conditioned to carry a good sized load.
I am happy with this option. Once Oreo isn't so fat I will get her one too. Probably not as big because she will be half Yoshi's size.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment