Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Good Post For Number 200!!

This is post number 200 since I started this blog in 2007.  And it's good news too!

The owners of Claire and Harley's have opted to close the business as of January 1st.  They have been trying to sell it, but have had no luck.  This basically leaves me without a "job".  So instead of sit around or working for someone else I am just going to strike out on my own.  I have clients no problem. Most of them will follow me and I am going to be offering some pretty damn flexible options.

A)In home grooming.  I will just load up the tools and do their dog at their home.

B) Grooming at my home.  This is going to be for people who live in Junction City, My house is closer than Manhattan and they can drop off and pick up there.  Also for my large dogs.  Can't groom the big ones at their homes, not enough room.

C) Pick up/Drop Off- this will be for those who don't want the hair in their house, don't want to make the drive etc.  There will be an additional fee for this.

I won't need to groom anymore than 12-15 dogs per week and I will be sitting pretty damn good.  It's nice to not have to share commissions with anyone else.

I will be purchasing one of the tubs from them(a gift from Dad) as well as the table and dryer.

This is a very exciting time for me!  I have really always wanted to be on my own and this is a good way to do that without having to worry about getting clients.  I already have them.

The New Year is going to rock.  I'll get this going and then Skip will be home.  I can take time off to be with him and not feel guilty.  I am my own boss.

0 comments: