Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's just hair. Good thing it grows back, right?

I believe all scissor should have the following label:

WARNING! 
 Do not leave this product in the hands of unattended children.
Most will cut their hair.  

I believe it is in the nature of all kids, especially girls, to want to take a good chop at what's on their head.  I think we all really know this and if you let your kid have scissors and you walk away expect to come back to a possible disaster.  Period.  It's your own fault. 

I was dropping Aiden off at school yesterday and one of the little girls in his class had a new hair cut.  It really was quite cute.  So I started to tell her that I liked her new haircut and her mother abruptly cuts me off, puts her hand in my face and says, "Oh NO, don't even go there!  She cut her own hair and I AM NOT HAPPY with her.  She looks ridiculous."

She continued to go on and on about her daughters hair and the poor thing was just standing there with her head hung in shame.  I realize that is probably a frustrating thing for a parent, but damn I am sure that little girl got the Hell punished out of her already.   Why on earth would go about having that kind of fit and ridiculing your child like that in public?  Please, lets give her a complex early. 

I really just felt like saying, "well good thing it wasn't a finger, at least hair grows back."   But I bit my tongue and walked down the hall.   The most disturbing part is she is the lead teacher across the hall.  Glad she's not my sons teacher.  I think I would have looked for a new school.    

0 comments: