"I saw the picture of our baby on the screen and then we killed it. I killed my family. A part of me and her died. My family died. I cannot stop seeing that picture in my head."
Those are pretty powerful words and reduced me to tears when I heard him tell us the story. He told us how 2 years ago he had gotten his girlfriend pregnant and he finally felt safe and felt like he belonged. They told each other how it wasn't going to matter how hard it would be, they could do and they would. They would start their family together. They were young, just out of high school. They eagerly told their parents the news.
"I'll kick you out if you have this baby."
"We are so disappointed in you"
"You can't do this"
"Get rid of it"
"We won't support you or this baby"
Now 2 years later he is still with his girlfriend, but cannot love her the same. He is in the throws of a deep depression because he cannot forgive himself. No one has supported him and felt sorrow with him for his forced decision. Everyday he sees that scan of a healthy baby with a heart beat and feels like a murderer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is interesting to me that when you kill your child after it is born you can be charged with murder. When you kill your child in utero, it's just a drop in the bucket and the world goes on without a thought. To this man how and when it was done has no difference. The people who discouraged them so badly are assistants to murder if you ask me.
NOBODY has the right to say the things that were said to them. NOBODY has the right to suggest the route that was forced upon them. Yes, they could have chose to keep it and say "to Hell" with them all,but when you are young and you still respect and rely on the advice of your parents that makes you VERY vulnerable and I think that fact was counted on. Do these people know what they did to this young couple? Do they care? Will they take responsibility for causing so much heart ache?
As I sit here and nurture my own pregnancy, I hurt so bad for these people. I hope a path to acceptance and recovery can be found. I would hate for the world to lose such person who used to love life so much.
1 comments:
Here via linklovin.
O, Heavenly Father, in the name of our Saviour and Redeemer Jesus Christ:
In the name of our Blessed Mother Mary, who watches over Her children:
I pray that you lend Your love and forgiveness to this family. The young father, especially, in his time of torment.You know what is in his heart, you know the anguish he is in.
Please show him that Your love and Forgiveness are boundless and are there for those who are truly repentent and accepting of their penance.
I have not been in this situation, but I know what it is like to walk through the darkness that can only be relieved by the Your Light.
Please help the young mother, as she too wends her way through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, for they are, indeed in such a dismal place.
Please help their respective families to overcome their own culpability in this dreadful situation, and demonstrate that Love is an unconditional acceptance of another - whether you approve of their position or not.
For the baby, I have no doubt that he or she is safely ensconced in Your loving arms and at peace.
Please, Heavenly Father, grant your Grace and Mercy to this young family, ripped apart so dreadfully and now struggling.
I ask this in the name of My Lord Jesus Christ, whom you sacrificed to show us the way, and in the name of Mary, Mother of God, who holds all children of all ages in her heart.
Please forgive the father, and the mother, and help them to forgive themselves.
Amen.
Post a Comment