About 2 years ago we went gluten/wheat free for a while and life was good. Then we slacked and slowly added it back. Life wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't as awesome as gluten free! We have mostly maintained a no sandwich bread lifestyle at least. Skip has put on a pound or 2 here and there. I haven't really lost what I wanted. We haven't really noticed what eating it again was doing.
That was until Phoebe was born. Almost overnite I became 100% intolerant of it. I cannot eat the smallest amount without suffering GI issues. So I would stop for a few days thinking my guts were just readjusting. Normal postpartum stuff. Then I would eat something and again serious GI issues. I had pasta 2 nites ago, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've banned all wheat and gluten from the house. I simply cannot do it anymore and I see what it does to the rest of us. So no more.
It sucks, the easy baking days are out the window, but I am having fun looking for new foods to cook.
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment