Part of my anxiety when it comes to making decisions is the worry of what everyone else will think of my choices, of me. It's feeling like I always have to answer their "whys" and plead my case with everyone who doesn't make my decisions or live in my household. It makes doing non mainstream hard. It makes personal decisions hard. It makes family choices hard. I am really tired of things being hard. I am tired of worrying about judgement and disapproval from people who play no role in my day to day choices and family rearing. If its working for me and I am happy then frankly, tough for everybody else.
If I solicit your advice then by all means give it. Some things are easier to decide when you search outside your own box. Some people have valuable knowledge to share and I seek that out when I know it's needed or I feel stuck. This I value, it is not me looking to have everyone else make choices for me.
I've just finally hit a point where I am getting too exhausted worrying about how every single person in my life feels about my choices. I have realized these are just that, my choices for me to make with my husbands approval. His is pretty much the only one I need when it effects only him and me. So unless I am causing harm to myself, my kids or another person I am just not going to hear it.
So for now, I am going to happily continue on with a choice I made with my husband and not care about what everyone else says.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment