GLAMOROUS!
Ok, maybe not the first word that comes to anybody's mind when you ask them what motherhood is in one word. What's not amazing about not brushing your hair for 3 days, pulling it back and hoping no one has noticed? Or hoping maybe they don't see it hasn't been washed for who knows how long. What's not more appealing than a shirt worn more times than you can remember because grabbing it up off the floor in a mad dash to a screaming kid is the only option? Then forgetting to change it later.
Then there's the snot, the spit, the food, the baby vomit and stuff you don't really know about that often migrates to your outfit. How long has that been there?! Oh well, you'll change it later. Or how about when you leave the house and think,"Oh carrying the baby will cover that up."
That shirt is a real life story! It's my shirt as a matter of fact. I spent all of last week battling boogers and grumpies. Also the regular eruptions of Phoebe's immature digestive system. Then there on the sleeve, that shiny dark stuff? That's blood. Not even all of it. Fiona decided some dishwasher diving off the top of a couple rolling pins would be fun...don't worry she's ok.
I had no idea I looked like this until my husband looked and asked what had happened to me. I laughed and said,"Life with kids." So I took a picture and decided to share the glamour of motherhood. The extra accessories your kids will leave you with at the end of day. It's awesome.
Maybe, glamorous isn't quite the right word, but it makes it easier to laugh at the end of day!

1 comments:
I went to work the other day with spit up on my shirt. Today's trip to Wal-Mart had me in a snot covered shirt, which now also has some of Eli's lunch on it. I don't know how many times at the end of the day, or when doing laundry, I look at a spot on my shirt and go "WTH is that??" Oh the many adventures of Motherhood! :)
Post a Comment