My 30th birthday is in 12 days! (also you have 11 days to finish your Christmas shopping, better get crackin') I will not be 29 again. I will not be 29+1 nor will it be a depressing day to skip. I will be 30 and I seriously couldn't be happier about it. Yea, I am crazy I know, but its a good day for me. After turning 21 I realized being "so young" just wasn't all it was cracked up to be. No one took me seriously, I was lacking life experience I so desperately wanted(and probably needed) and honestly I hated hearing people with so much more wisdom than I saying they "missed being so young". I didn't get it. I would not relive my 20s.
So many people heard me say,"I can't wait to be 30." I've said it over and over again. I cannot wait! I was asked a few weeks ago how I felt about it and I've really put some thought into it. I have never been more at ease with my peers. I feel like the closer I have gotten to 30 the more I am fitting in with people my age. I don't know what it is, but everyone seems calmer, more grounded and easier to get along with. I did not experience that from my young 20 something peers. I've disliked meeting people in that age group. I don't understand them and feel awkward, that's never changed. I feel more at ease with myself. I am not concerned with body image at all. I am pretty damn happy in my skin. I don't feel like I have to put on a show or look a certain way. Judge away judgers! At the end of the day I have a great family to come home to and they don't care. I am finally feeling like an adult. I feel like people don't blow off the things I have to say because I am too young to know.
I've got 3 great kids right now. It's not always easy, but I am really in love with being a mom. I wish I would have had 3 in my early 20s. Maybe I would have found my way sooner, but kids come with age, another reason to love 30 so much! They have grounded me big time and I really don't feel so high strung and freaked out. My husband probably helps that too I am sure. Marriage is also another reason to love 30. Its maturing and we are entering new places and finding new ideas together. It's fabulous. And I like not hearing,"You're too young to be married" Nope, don't hear that anymore!
30 is not old. Its nothing to be ashamed of. I will never be 29 again, don't want to or need to be. I will proudly be a 30 year old women. I've got 10 years till 40, and I'll be back writing about the awesomeness that I know will come with it. Until then, my ladies turning 30 with me, love it!! Embrace it and know you are awesome too!
Friday, December 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment