Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I must Bitch about something

Well first off I have to give some history so everyone understands why I have such a complaint.

To start I have know Christa since 2002. That's Thomas' mom. In the time I have known her she has had dogs that she has always gotten rid of because she cant/won't train them. When I met her she had Spike, She moved to New Mexico for less than a year where she had a basset hound and some rat dog that Icant be sure of( that's 3), she got a Lhasa apso(coco) and her house mate a shih tzu who she got rid of within a week, but kept CoCo. That's 5. Then she got a golden mix puppy 2 falls ago and got rid of it in about 2 weeks. Now we are at 6. Just this past summer she got Sophie a carin/scottish terrier mix. She got rid of CoCo about 3 months ago because she didn't get along with the puppy. And just one week ago she got rid of Sophie. Now that's 7 dogs if you were keeping count. None of these dogs lived to old age with her and they were all disposed off because of A) potty training issues B) not leash trained and C) not socialized. All things dogs cannot learn on their own. They require us to teach them the proper habits that will make us happy.


Ok, now you have that down, Skip and I have had Yoshi for just over a week now and he was not a random purchase. A TON of research and discussion went into that investment because we intend to keep our dog until he croaks. We have plenty of training ahead of us and our nerves will be tested for AT LEAST the next 2 years while he grows up. But here we are ready for it and prepared for it all. No matter how gruesome it could get.

Sunday morning Christa calls and asks if they can take Aiden to the flea market. I agree because he likes to go and I wasn't going to really be making it out that day. Too much to do around here. She picks him up at about 11. At roughly 1 or 2 I miss a phone call from Christa and she leaves me a voice mail, " Christine! It's Christa, I know you guys have a dog, but there's this lady at the flea market selling BEAUTIFUL white huskies!!! She says they are $350, but she will sell them for $100!!! Call me back."

Now, I assume if I don't call her back she will figure out I don't want/need another dog. There's dam good reason I have an ALASKAN MALAMUTE and not a retarded husky. I can't stand the breed. Fast forward to about 3 when I miss yet another call from Christa and the following message is left this time,"Christine, it's Christa. Call me have something to tell you."
I have the message on speaker and at this point Skip and I are looking at each other with the same " Oh Fuck" look.

The damn women bought one of those dogs. Her other dog wasn't even gone a week and she got another one. And this time its a dog that will never come close to trained. She got this dog at the flea market without even a second of research. No preparations. No idea. This makes dog number 8. And as usual anymore she gets a female because she entertains this thought that she can breed them and make money. None of her dogs have ever been altered. Thankfully none of them have ever been bred either.

If you know me then you know how bad I am stewing over this. I went over today to pick up Aiden and the dog jumps like crazy. She has Aiden scarred that he's going to get jumped on and hurt. Yoshi has yet to jump up once since we have had him, but we also don't encourage it and correct it before it has a chance to happen. I was pissed when Aiden reacted to his dog running up to say hi. He thought he was going to jump up and hurt him.

I'm just about speechless at it all. I simply cannot believe the stupidity of it. And stupid is the only word that really fits it.

0 comments: