So this morning as I was waiting for my breakfast at the cafeteria I was watching a special on what couples do with their extra embryos after fertility treatment. It was said that 33 precent donate to other couples and up to 66 percent donate to science. Either one of these options is fine by me, but this is not my question.
My question is more directed to the people who believe the embryo has a soul. The people who think the minute conception happens, God has given the mass of cells a soul. What exactly does the "soul" do while it's waiting on ice? If the embryo is sitting for a few years, then is the "soul" just sitting there waiting? And is it really cold?
Yes I know a sick/strange/jerky question to ask, but I must know.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I've never held onto a particular time as to when a soul is present, however the embryo is human, distinct and separate from its parent, physiologically and in this case, physically as well. The real question is does this human have Rights as all others do.
Or we can say that they don't have Rights and that they get them at some other point and we can endlessly bicker over just when that is and if it can be taken away later in life. After all there is that group in Denver that wants post-natal abortion to be legal for the first year or so. It's really all just semantics and will change with the whims of fickle public opinion or the fiat of a black robed priest (aka judges)
Well yes I can see that and understand that argumentas it is very valid, but I suppose I will have to take risk(JOY) and offend someone who actually believes it has a soul at conception and is dead set on beliving that to be the case. Ugh....to craigslist with the crazy question!!
The soul just "chills" until it gets decided what to do with the embryo.
Sorry, I had to make some kind of joke. Other than making some sort of joke, I have no idea!
LOL Karen......
Post a Comment