Sunday, March 21, 2010

Making new routines

I decided that I am not going to waste any time getting a new routine started. I think if I sit around waiting for Skip to just show up magically I am going to doom myself pretty quick.  So I started yesterday.

I have decided that M-F which are work days I will get up in the morning at 6 and get some yoga in.  I need to be doing things that relax me and will make me think more rationally.  Plus getting up at 6 leaves me a little more me time in the morning.  I have got to stop this getting up 30 minutes before I have to go anywhere garbage.  It's getting old.  I also plan to get the dog on a leash and out the door within 30 minutes of being home during the week. Aiden still likes the jogging stroller so I will be able to get the 4 miles in Yoshi needs to be sane.  He's gonna be in the kennel for 8 hours and I feel bad.

Saturdays will be for sleeping in and cleaning.  Getting the laundry done and things like that.

Sundays will be for mowing the lawn in the morning and then Aiden and I will go shopping for food for the week. I decided I do not want to do any shopping during the week.  I just wont have time and Yoshi doesn't need to be locked up any more than he has to be.

The weekends will also be for just doing garden work. I am getting the electric fence up in about 3 weeks and I am planting this year. I already got my hops in the fridge and I found raspberry bushes today! I want some sunflowers to.  So I will have lots to keep my mind and body busy until fall when Skip comes home on leave.  Then I will have to change the routine again for winter.

I've also decided to change eating habits around here.  I had another stomach attack this week and I have been doing pretty good, but not good enough.  So all the crap in my cabinets has been tossed.  I have been meat free for almost 3 days and I am focusing more on fresh foods.  Aiden and I are grazers so we don't really need to worry about planning big meals.  I think I will plan a dinner about 2-3 times a week, but it will be a light meal that wont give us belly aches! I've had about enough of those.

I haven't had a lot of desire to meet new people since I have been here.  I feel very satisfied with the social network I have, even if they are all in a different state.  I am blessed to have that need full filled.  I have good neighbors here and I think if I ever needed something really bad I could ask for their help. Its a good feeling to have.

0 comments: