It's Wifey Wednesday again. I am trying very hard to participate every week. This weeks topic on Shelia's Blog is about drawing the line with texting and Facebook. This is really a subject Skip and I don't really have an issue with. We know who the other is texting and more than half the time we are talking about what we are texting or I am doing it for Skip since he can't see the darn screen anyways. Same goes for chatting over FB. We are friends with each other so there is no hiding posts or comments and we both frequently scroll through each others pages to see what's going on. I remain friends with some of my guy friends and he has been found by many of his old "girl friends" from way back. There has never been an issue. He doesn't actually chat with them.
I suppose it could be very easy to get into a virtual "affair" by not actually thinking you aren't doing anything wrong. It might start with some memories about the old days and then before you know it this old flame becomes a confident and then it's this crazy spiral into something you never expected. I see it all the time from women writing into columns about old lovers finding them I personally can't get my head around it. I think it kind of goes back to what I said last week, want what you already have and you won't find yourself longing for more when you "go back" with this friend of yours.
Shelia says if you have to hide whats on your phone or computer, things have gone too far. I could not agree more. Skip and I often sit side by side with phones or computers and never had to turn a screen away. Our phones do not have passwords and we also have email access to each others account. It's not like we are checking on each other because we don't have trust, it's because there isn't any need for the privacy.
Perhaps that's where your technology relationship should start with each other, not needing the privacy. Once you need that, it's all over.
On a side note, my friends on FB irritate me more than Skip.
**EDIT** I was contacted by a good friend's husband last nite that encouraged us to password our smart phones based on the fact that if we lost them, our info could quite easily get us in some serious trouble. He does software security and purposely thinks of ways to steal people's information. So on that note, phones are passworded, but we still both have access. Never thought about the theft part before.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment