Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 5 Check In

Well we missed the all powerful week 4 check in, as that was supposed to be the goal of our experiment.   Instead we have opted to make grain free living a lifestyle.   We both have much more energy, less bloating and feeling sick after eating as well as a slow down in having a ravenous appetite. Aiden has become a much better eater.  We are not seeing the pickieness at the table as we used to.   We are learning new ways to cook and also eating new things. We are becoming more aware of our shopping decisions as well as what we are putting into our bodies and why.

Skip's weight and inches continue to drop, as does fasting glucose levels.  Since I am back on track since my Mother's Day devastation, I am also back to losing weight, getting smaller measurements and my fasting glucose has improved dramatically. I can officially say my levels are under 100mg fasting.  And that's the direction we need to be heading.

Healthy living is hard work when living so unhealthy is easy.  I find myself looking in other people's carts and looking at them and then wondering how this kind of change could positively change their lives.  I talk to friends and family and tell them about the changes, yet I see no one looking to change themselves.  I feel like everyone is a slave to living easy.

I will just continue posting progress in hopes to inspire someone.

0 comments: