I am using the term house wife in lu of "stay at home mom" because frankly its less PC and being a housewife implies mother as well. To me anyways.
It's been almost 10 months since an early alarm has gone off and I have been forced to get up and get read to work outside the home. I haven't had a boss to please or a bi-weekly paycheck. No set work hours or pressure to get more done. It's been wonderful. To think I never thought in a million years it would be something I wanted to do. Just wow.
Since being home I've learned quite a bit. I am more creative in the kitchen when it comes to meal planning. I have time to actually think about it and I am not so tired that I cannot bear the thought of trying something new. I have learned much more about parenting. Once you have to deal with your own kid 24 hours a day 7 days a week you gain a whole new respect for raising kids. You see many more wonders of childhood than you would if you drop them off for daycare 8 hours a day. I have learned more about Aiden and his needs and not just lumping him in with the general ideals of the way kids behave. That alone has made me a better parent.
My house is cleaner! I am not too tired to get the little things done. There is no rushing around on Saturdays and Sundays to get the cleaning done that I don't have time for during the week. It makes a huge difference and I get more satisfaction from it.
I have more time for little projects like the geckos, crafts, organizing and such. I've still been able to groom on my own schedule and it has been much more beneficial for me that way as well.
One of my most rewarding things has been my availability to help those in need. Specifically my wonderful neighbor. She underwent a double mastectomy mid summer for cancer prevention as every women in her family has suffered some kind of female reproductive cancer. I've been able to drive her to and from places. Helped to get her girls through school events and just be there on her bad days. I am thankful for the time I have had to give to her. She is not quite done with this process and still has a few months to go through.
Over all being home is incredibly rewarding and I feel no stigma when I tell someone I stay home. My job is HUGE compared to what I was doing. My only pay is the end results to the work I do and that alone is worth more than any hourly wage. Without Skip I would not have ever had this kind of opportunity to better myself in the ways I have. He is amazing.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment