Come January I will have had my current phone number for 10 years. The first 6 months to a year I received a multitude of debt collectors calling for James Cunningham to inform him that his business, land and home were being foreclosed on. To this day in the Springs his name still pops up at places like King Soopers or Safeway when I use the shoppers card even though I have changed it many times. Between then and now, I like everyone else has received the occasional wrong number. No big now.
The past 60 days however I am getting 3-5 wrong number EVERY WEEK! I have received 3 calls from child protective services of El Paso County. One of those being from the child abuse hot line. I have gotten calls from lawyers, business, medical offices and other places from inside the court system with no direct call number, just the outgoing operator number that everyone has to call. I am getting calls from auto dialers saying I have visited a web site and my number was used. All of these numbers are coming from Colorado Springs.
I have called everyone back and no one can seem to tell me why they are calling my number or how they got it. The only thing that correlates with this time frame is the fact that my ex has been being garnished for the past 2 1/2 months for child support finally. Since most of the calls have been government related I have been thinking someone is trying to pull some crap, but over and over no one knows why I am being called.
Almost 10 years with one number. This is unreal.
EDIT: I was able to get in touch with child services and come to find out my number was listed as the contact for another social worker in the department. SO the whole courthouse has my number listed. This explains a lot. She is working on getting it corrected.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment