I would like to start this by saying I respect the opinions of people. Its what makes us so diverse. I respect that we may print what we want and we may protest the things we don't believe in. I think those things are important. HOWEVER I do believe it is just as important to send your message in a responsible matter. I believe if you are protesting, don't hurt anyone and if you are making a statement VIA billboard, make sure its appropriate.
I would like to say that myself, my child or any other adult and their children SHOULD NOT have to see what I had to see this morning at the intersection of Academy and Constitution. I understand that every single grown adult has an opinion about abortion in our country. I don't mind that people try to push alternative options thru education and some scare tactics. We are all entitled to do so. But when you have a HUGE billboard propped up in the bed of your pick up truck with a mutilated baby that says," My mommy and daddy paid to have me killed" Well I draw the line and that mother fucker is God damned lucky my son was in the car or I would have pulled over and sucker punched his stupid ass. Under NO circumstances is that responsible. I am sorry, but there are people with children old enough to read that yet not old enough to understand the meaning. That could be potentially traumatic for any child in grade school. And I am sorry, even for those who firmly believe in every babies' life could be offended by that.
So really, what the hell is the point? If anything that man has just lessened my opinion of pro-lifers and what they stand for. AS far as I am concerned that is a message of hate and the life of a child, whether dead or alive should never have that kind of ammo behind it. I am disgusted this morning.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment