This recent and somewhat unexpected event with my mother has got me thinking some today. I've, for one, made the decision that she will no longer get unsupervised time with Aiden and she will also be unaware that he will remain in Colorado for a few weeks while I get settled in Kansas. Christa and Thomas are aware of the situation and have agreed to help me with it. I never thought I would see the day I trusted Thomas more than my mom, I think Hell must be getting cold or something.
I'm tired of being the peace keeper. I am tired of sacrificing to keep everyone else happy. Yes it may be noble and strong of me, but it's also total BS that I have been so stupid to think I have been benefiting myself. I have instead been training people to take advantage of me. I have these people not giving me any respect and not taking in account my needs. I have no idea why either. I'm not opposed to confrontation, I will willing fight back and have my point known, respected and thoroughly understood. Yet I bend over backwards to avoid listening to my family give me shit.
I do everything in their time frame, they never do it in mine. I have willingly let them make all my decisions about time with Aiden and he has ultimately been the one that hurts. What the hell is wrong with me!?
Lesson learned, it will be my choice 100% of the time now. Get mad at me. I don't give a damn.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment