Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sheila's Wifey Wednesday

Sheila over at To Love, Honor, and Vacuum posts things about being a good wife every Wednesday.  I thought today's post was interesting, it's about wives fantasizing about other men.  Particularly famous men, sports players, actors, etc.  Also the subject of women preferring a friends husband to her own for whatever reason.

I have no crush on any famous person nor do I on anyone else's husband for that matter.  Ya I might get all excited about Gerard Butler in a kilt, but that's about as far as it goes. Even then I think that was a one time thing during a very boring night when Skip was deployed.  I don't march around the house declaring how much I am "in love" with someone I will never meet.  It seems pretty pointless to me. Also pretty childlike.  I love Skip and that's that.  Aiden certainly doesn't need to see or hear that.

My mom is like this about Johnny Depp.  ( I had to look that up to spell it right)  She has her WHOLE office covered with pictures of him, posters you name it.  She runs out and gets every DVD as soon as it is out and just moons over him.  IN FRONT OF HER HUSBAND.  And what's worse is he has even played into it by buying her some of those things.  I just don't get it.  Skip wouldn't tolerate that.  I also wouldn't tolerate that from him.

Maybe women should just turn off their TV's, quit comparing their husbands to other men and start wanting the thing's they already have.  When you fantasize about things you don't have in your relationship, it makes it easier to think your relationship is bad.  It makes you want more and more.  It strains things and makes your spouse think he (or she for that matter) has to live up to expectations that may not be deliverable for the life situation you are in.

So ladies make a point of always saying once nice thing to your husband everyday.  Make a point about saying nice things about him in public.  Lead your lady friends by example.  Stop listening when they complain about their relationship, guide them back to their husbands to deal with their situation in private.  This way maybe they can start the process of being as madly head over heals about their husbands as they are about their celebrity crushes.

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

The funny thing about that is...Johnny Depp isn't even attractive! LOL! All kidding aside, I agree. When fantasy compares to reality, fantasy always looks better.

Double Minded Man said...

Great post!