I think I can officially put aside all my childhood and early adulthood drama, discontent and bitterness. Actually I know I can and have. I am truly an adult not only physically, but mentally. It's a great feeling. I have put aside the past and stopped judging here and now with it. Today is today. Yesterday has no effect on it.
My dad and his wife came out to spend a short weekend with us. They finally met Skip. They got to catch up with Aiden and they got to see me as an adult who has an understanding. I felt like I was actually able to have a bond without fear and anger for the first time. I can actually be with my dad and know he was probably never the bad guy I was forced to believe in.
I have a bit of sadness about all the wasted years, but I know the rest won't go to the same waste.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
God bless you and your fam :)
Post a Comment