Saturday, January 2, 2010

The potty

Aiden got here the first part of December and we immediately started to try potty training.  He is 3 and in order for me to consider any kind of preschool he has to be potty trained.  It was pretty much a screaming fight every time we even talked about the potty! Putting him on it just lead to hyperventilation and trauma.  I really started feeling like I was going to get no where.  So then we just put him in regular undies, he just peed and didn't bother to tell us he did and then would have a screaming fit if we put him on the potty.

Then I read an article about 3 day potty training on cafemom.com.  It's main focus was on staying dry rather than using the potty.  So we started trying this on Wednesday.  No more diapers or pull-ups can be used.  Not even at bed time.  Your child has to be aware at all times that they need to stay dry.  

Aiden has been asking to go pee for 3 days now! We've had a couple of night time accidents, but that was really was my fault for not getting up before him.  He gets a high five and lots of praise when ever he goes.  Every time he sees me putting underwear away he says, "Don't pee in the undies!"   I don't even bother getting mad if he has an accident.  I tell him its ok, next time will be better. He has to help clean his mess and he always tells me he is sorry.  LOL.  

So over nite his whole potty outlook has changed. I'm so thankful!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am jealous!!!!!

Christine said...

Well he has even started showing interest of pooping on the potty!!