Monday, June 7, 2010

The Blow Up

After years of anticipation, planning and blogging the blow up with Mom finally happened!!  It was successful to me and I feel 100 times better.  I no longer give a damn if I hurt her feelings.  The rules have been laid out and she knows what is and is not acceptable.  I no longer have to worry about being the ass end of her "jokes".  I don't have to worry about being criticized wrongly for everything I do or do not do.  It is an amazing feeling to have my life in my complete control.  I am thrilled to know that I am a strong enough person now and I can defend myself and not feel bad about it.  It's good to know that she expects to be nailed for acting like a dumb ass.

I won't have to hear anymore crap about how I raise my kid.  About my relationship, my sexuality, my fertility, my finances, my personal habits.  There will be no more rage about my independence from her or from my family.  There will be no more questioning my decisions or giving of unsolicited advice.

And what's even better is she knows I will tell her when she has stepped over the boundary.  And she will have to accept it and respect it.  I can breathe now. It feels so damn good to be rid of that baggage.   Oh so good.

0 comments: