Sunday, June 27, 2010

PMDD

Or Premenstrual Dysphoric  Disorder is a more sever term for PMS.  I am going to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss this possibility.  Anytime I am not on any form of birth control my symptoms become unbearable.  I totally with drawl, people start asking what my issue is and I just start feeling hopeless.  I don't want to do anything except lock myself in my room and cry and break things.  Aiden spends more time in his room and the dog spends more in his kennel.  I have no patience and I get mad at the dumbest reasons.  I really hate going through this and I had forgotten how bad it was.  Even Skip says the tones of my emails change and he gets pretty concerned.


The symptoms of PMDD can include any of the following:
  • Mood swings     -  CHECK
  • Depressed mood or feelings of hopelessness  -CHECK
  • Marked anger, increased interpersonal conflicts -CHECK
  • Tension and anxiety -CHECK
  • Irritability-  CHECK
  • Decreased interest in usual activities- CHECK
  • Difficulty concentrating- DOUBLE CHECK
  • Fatigue- CHECK...all I think about is nap time
  • Change in appetite -   CHECK
  • Feeling out of control or overwhelmed-  CHECK
  • Sleep problems- CHECK....I haven't slept in 3 days
  • Physical problems, such as bloating- CHECK..but not severe

It's typically treated with a)anti-depressants or b) birth control.   Neither of which I want to do.  And trying to find anything about natural treatments is proving to be pretty difficult.  Although there are times where I am feeling so bad I wouldn't mind snacking on some Zoloft just to try and control it.  

So I will go back to work tomorrow and curse and cry about every dog on my table.  I will be pissed to the point of having a shitty tone on the phone with people who want appointments and can't make up their minds and I will more than likely say something smart to the people who give me crap about not being able to get in this week.  I just want to lay down and give up for a week.  

0 comments: