I had a very fun phone call today. I had a man who had called in because he had to exchange his phone earlier this week and when he put his his SIM card in the new phone the pictures on the old phone were not there. Well of course not. He was very panicked because the old phone has some of the first pictures of his first grandson. I could understand his fears of losing these photos and I reassured him that I was going to get those photos to a safe place.
That was the beginning a an hour long phone call in which I had to assist a 70 year old man who had never sent a text message let a alone a send a picture to an email address from a phone. I had to borrow a co-workers phone of the same model to walk him thru each menu step by step to get these photos sent to his email address. I'm surprised he had one and knew what it was. He was happy about the option though.
It took 6 tries on the first picture to get it sent. I had to walk him through changing the text entry so that only one letter at a time would show up and then I had to tell him how many times to press each number to spell out his email. Wow. Like holding a child's hand. Every time he messed up he would cancel the the message and I would have to start all over again until I finally got to understand that he could just delete one letter at a time. I was thankful that after the first one went the email addy saved its self in the phone. That was another mess trying to have him select the addy that was already saved there for him.
I was a half hour past my scheduled lunch break by the time I finally got off the phone with, but he was so happy that I was able to get those pictures saved for him.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment