So I was at work today doing my usual living in La La land while grooming for entertainment and I got to thinking about all the little things I miss now that Skip is gone. They are things I didn't really think much of while they were happening, but of course now that they are gone I want them back. Ah, such is life.
Skip used to show up to PT formation and skip out on it and come home. He did this all winter. So I could count on his COLD body getting back into bed at about 7. He would suck all the heat I had saved up right outta me! Weird I know, but I really miss that.
WWII movies, documentaries and youtube clips. Yes, every chance he got the man was watching SOMETHING about the damn war. I have no interest in watching any of it alone, but when he was here there sound of angry German words always filled the air.
All the lights coming on at 0430 every morning. Yes ALL the lights. Every day he got up for work. I couldn't just have a peaceful morning.
The warm spot in the bed when he got out of it.
The laundry he could never seem to sort when he got it to the hamper. He would just always throw it on top. I would threaten to beat him every Saturday when I did laundry. All I could do is just stand there helpless and laugh while he stood in the door and looked me.
I really miss how OCD he was about cleaning. It drives me crazy to watch him scrub and clean and scrub and clean day in and day out. But I miss that constant.
I really miss the sound of his voice and how he used to tell me a hundred times a day how beautiful I am.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment