Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What is my issue

I typically do not enjoy doing things alone. I actually hate the thought of it. I can do hiking and shopping alone, but that's as far as it goes before the social anxiety kicks in. So needless to say this summer has been a total bust.
What's worse is there is plenty to do here.  We missed the fair and the rodeo cause I did want to go.  We have a great pool and splash park that we haven't been to yet because I am afraid of how busy they are going to be.  I have issues, seriously.  We did take some time to go to the mall in Topeka today since we had a dentist appointment there.  I think if Skip hadn't been on the messenger on my BB the whole time I would have just hit the highway and gone straight home.

I don't know anybody here.  I am reluctant to meet people because finding ones that are drama free is damn hard to do.  I sure as hell can't find that with Army wives and most the other girls in town are skank dressing college girls.  Sounds like quite the crowd right?  And then there is the want for peace and quiet without someone expecting me to hang out.  It's really nice to not have pre arrange engagements and just do as I want.  I don't enjoy being on the go all the time.

I really need to figure out a way to force myself out to do things, but I can give myself a million excuses not to.  I hate this.

0 comments: