Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going Mobile

This past week a friend of mine purchased a salon. She does hair and has been really pushing at me to groom again. I must admit I very much miss doing it, but there is just no way I can go back to grooming for somebody again. I'm tired of losing my hard earned clients.

I also don't want to leave T-Mobile. I have GREAT benefits and I do enjoy what I do there.

I did some home grooming today and the thought really hit me, what if I just start grooming in homes? I did it as a student, and if I had a few things it really wouldn't be too hard to get that off and going.

And so it begins, I went home, got on craigslist and typed in "grooming table' The first add that popped up was a portable table with arm for $40!! I emailed and BAM! Its mine!! I then went for a search for an easier way to wash a dog in a bath tub. Using a cup is pretty hard. BAM!! I found a curly water hose that will connect to the shower!! I also found a clip on lamp for extra light. Its like in a matter of 3 hours everything started coming together.

I'm planning to have a small very part time business up and running my next month. I will next week to get my business name registered so no one can use it and I am off to a great start. I've wanted to do this for a long time now, I just couldn't find the will or want to do it.

My plan is to do one dog everyday after work, and work full time on Mondays. That's about 4-5 dogs. I figured if I have an average charge of $40 per dog I can bring in a little over $800 extra a month. How awesome is that!!

All I would need from the client is a bathtub with removable shower head, a place with light and a few outlets. I would also ask the owner to not "help" the groomer of coarse.

0 comments: