Monday, May 4, 2009

This is gonna come off bad, but I don't care!

I am not going to take the time to get numbers and statistics for this blog, but I KNOW if you absolutely need them the Internet can provide you with all the information you need. And you know it's always right.

I will start by saying that I haven't always been the kind of person that didn't want to help anybody. I always thought everyone should be given the same rights as we have here in America. However as I have become a wiser adult(or so I think I have) my views have changed quite dramatically. I bring this all up because Skip and I have been watching every documentary NetFlix Instant Play has to offer!!

We started watching one last night about two 9/11 widows. I give them kudos for finding each other and helping to over come grief. I cannot imagine what they have been thru nor do I ever want to have to. My issue with these women is this: They want to send money(AMERICAN MONEY) to the widows of Afghanistan. Now the widows of Afghanistan aren't just widows of THIS "WAR" mind you. These people have been dealing with this problem for MANY MANY years and its simply ingrained in their culture. It's their way of life.

I have a HUGE problem with America trying to change the culture of other peoples. I don't think we have the right to go in there and force a change, which is all we try to do anyways. It never works anyways. My opinion is this, If they wanted change that badly, they would strand up and have it. We as Americans did that and got our own country doing so.

WE have enough starving/malnourished children in THIS country. WE have enough war widows in THIS country they can reach out to. I just hate hearing about AMERICAN DOLLARS going to help other countries when we can't even help our own.

Call me insensitive, but until we can successfully care for EVERYONE here I don't want to see a single cent of any AMERICAN DOLLAR used on anyone but an American. PERIOD!

0 comments: